November 2015 Archives

What can I do if I can't meet my child support obligation?

Sadly, there are quite a few non-custodial parents in the United States who are unable to meet their child support obligations -- many of whom live in New York. Custodial parents often depend on child support in order to make ends meet, so when it is not paid, this can cause significant financial problems. The simple truth is that numerous non-custodial parents do not have the income necessary to pay the amount of support ordered. What, if anything, can be done when this is the case?

Dividing retirement accounts in divorce can be tricky business

There is no doubt about it, experiencing a divorce can wreak havoc on one's financial situation. As such, those in New York who are considering or currently working through divorce proceedings are likely to do everything they can in an effort to receive a fair settlement when all is said and done. When working through the division of monetary assets, there are a lot of questions and concerns that may come to mind. Help is available in order to ensure the best decisions are made.

Addiction can complicate a divorce

While divorce is not easy under any circumstance, there are some things that can complicate it even further. For instance, dealing with a spouse's addiction can have an affect on how a divorce agreement is written. Those in New York and elsewhere may need to seek assistance when considering divorce from an addict in order to ensure that their unique needs are met throughout the process.

How can I enforce a child custody order?

The issue of child custody is one that can cause quite a few problems between parents in New York and elsewhere. There are times when a non-custodial parent will not agree with what is ordered by the court. Unfortunately, it is not terribly uncommon for a non-custodial parent to defy a custody order, leaving the custodial parent to wonder: How can I enforce a child custody order?

Get Started

Get Started

Call our law office at 845-234-4852 or fill out the form below to arrange a consultation with a lawyer.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

This site uses Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA, which is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

  • America's Top 100 Attorneys
  • 10 Best 2018 | client satisfaction | American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
  • NYSBA New York State Bar Association
  • Super Lawyers 2018
  • Top 100 Trial Lawyers | The National Trial Lawyers
  • National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers NACDL 1958